Bonded Title Procedure
If you do not have acceptable evidence of ownership for a vehicle you own, you may have the option of applying for a bonded title. See the steps below and contact me with any questions.
1. Determine Your Eligibility
- In order to qualify, you must be a Texas resident or military personnel stationed in Texas; or
- Have a vehicle that was last titled in Texas, and
- The vehicle must be in your possession and cannot be considered abandoned, junked, stolen, or in any other pending lawsuits. Although not required to be operational, it must be a complete vehicle including a frame, body and motor or if a motorcycle, a frame and motor.
(Texas will allow you to purchase a Surety Bond and surrender it to the State to obtain a bonded title. A bonded title is transferable if you sell it in Texas and can be registered with license plates. After 3 years the bonded remark will be removed from the title and you will obtain a new title with no remarks on it. I can assist you with obtaining a bonded title.
2. Call or Email me for a Price Quote
- You will need to call me (409.658.3019) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine the cost. I will need Vehicle Year, Make and VIN. The cost of the Bonded Title is determined by the value of the vehicle.
- Below are links to 2 forms. You will need to print, complete and sign these forms. Do not use white out on the forms to correct errors. If you make an error, draw one line through it and initial next to your correction.
Statement of Fact Form: Print, complete, and sign this form. (Discard page 2 as it is not needed.)
Power of Attorney Form: Print, complete, and sign this form. (This form will give me permission to file these documents for you, and make corrections for you if needed.)
4. A Copy of the Following Items
- Bill of Sale or documents you received from the seller (if you have them)
- Your driver’s license, Texas ID or other Government issued photo ID
- Proof of liability insurance (if available)
(Note: You may be required to obtain a Texas Vehicle Safety Inspection or Auto Theft Inspection if there is no Texas record.)
5. Mail In the Forms and Fee
- Mail the forms and copies of above listed documents to me with the fee quoted to you in Step 2
- I accept checks and money orders, make payable to: Auto Title Recovery
- Credit cards are accepted with an additional 3.5% fee
Once all items and payment are received, it will take me 4-5 days to file the documents with the state and obtain your bond. After you receive the bond and documents from me, take them to your county tax office to file within 30 days. You will need to pay sales tax at that time. Some counties may require you to complete additional forms. After filing, You will receive your title in 7-10 days from Austin, TX.
(Notice: $50 non-refundable processing fee included in price.)
Please call with any questions, 409.658.3019.
Mailing Address: Auto Title Recovery, PO Box 8724, Lumberton, Texas 77657